Many campers arrive to camp and/or are picked up in the Car Line. Parents of car line campers will receive a color-coded placard with your car line number in the June mailing. This placard is to be displayed in your car at dismissal; the color of the carpool card corresponds to the lane in which you will pick up your camper (Inner circle, Outer circle, Lower School).
- Car Line for morning drop-off begins at 8:30 a.m. Earlier arrivals must report to Extended Day.
- Afternoon Car Line begins at dismissal and runs to 3:30 p.m. Please arrive NO EARLIER THAN 2:45 p.m.
- Place your car line placard in your car(s) for use during drop-off and pick-up on the dashboard side closest to the curb.
- Cell phone use is prohibited during carpool.
- Obey all posted traffic signs and directions given by our Facilities Staff.
- Skip the wait, come late! Arrive after 3:10 for a quicker ride through the car line.
Creative Summer encourages families to form carpools for transportation to and from camp. To support this practice, we provide a list of families who have consented to share their contact information for the purpose of forming carpools, organized by geographic area. The School's 2001 Neighborhood Agreement restricts Holton traffic in various ways, and the School strongly encourages families to carpool. It is important that Holton reduce traffic to campus and on River Road and neighboring streets.
Walkers (Local families only)
Creative Summer Bus
Creative Summer offers bus service to six different routes in Maryland and Northwest Washington, DC. Please see expandable options at right for specific stops and schedules. We use Holton-Arms' school buses and trained drivers.
Families can purchase morning and/or afternoon service on all routes at registration or later through your online account. A sibling discount of ten percent (10%) is offered for families enrolling two or more campers on the bus.
$90 per session one-way / $180 per session round-trip
New in 2022 - BusWhere
Parents may sign up for BusWhere, an app for your mobile phone (iPhone and Android) that tracks departure, travel, and arrival of the buses in real time. Information and enrollment instructions will be provided to parents of bus campers in early June.
"Bus (North Bethesda MS stop) makes the camp experience perfect for our family. I hope that you keep this stop for next year! Lunches were great too! I can't say enough great things about your program. THANK YOU!"