Arts Adjunct Program
Music Lessons Available via Holton's Fine & Performing Arts Adjunct Program
The Fine & Performing Arts Adjunct Program offers private and group lessons in instrumental and vocal music. The program’s goals are:
- To provide instructional support to Holton students in our curricular ensemble program;
- To expand students' musical education beyond the School's ensemble program;
- To offer the same outstanding instruction to students of all ages in our community.
In Person Lessons return in Fall 2022
The Arts Program is pleased to announce the return of in-person lessons at Holton-Arms School beginning with the Fall 2022 semester.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Holton-Arms School requires all staff, faculty, and students eligible for COVID-19 vaccination to be fully vaccinated, or provide a verified medical exemption from COVID-19 vaccination, to participate in any on-campus program.
Current Holton students have already provided this proof as a condition of school enrollment. Arts Adjunct students who do not currently attend Holton-Arms School must provide proof of COVID vaccination no later than one week before their first scheduled in person lesson.
Parents who choose to come into the school with their students to wait for them during lessons will be required to show proof of COVID vaccination to enter the building.
Indoor masking is currently optional at Holton-Arms School; however, masking during lessons is at the discretion of the instructor. We reserve the right to update this mask policy in response to conditions of the pandemic at the discretion of Holton-Arms School.
Virtual Lessons via Zoom also available
The Arts Program will also offer the convenience of Virtual lessons via the Zoom platform for the 2022-2023 Season.
- Fall Semester (17 Weeks): Monday, Sept 12, 2022 to Sunday, Jan 22, 2023
- Spring Semester (17 Weeks): Monday, Jan 30, 2023 to Sunday, Jun 4, 2023
- Summer Session (11 Weeks): Monday, Jun 12, 2023 to Sunday, Aug 27, 2023
Excluded Dates: In-person lessons will not be scheduled on dates that Holton-Arms School is closed for holidays and school breaks, or on days Holton-Arms School hosts major events, but may be held on Professional and Asynchronous Learning Days when the campus is open. Click here for the full list of Excluded Dates.
Arts Adjunct Program Registration Process
- New students submit an inquiry form for the instrument the student wants to study - see list of Instruments Offered below. Returning students begin at Step 2.
- Contact an instructor(s) (info will be provided in the Inquiry confirmation email) to agree upon a schedule for a lesson package (or trial lesson).
- Once you and your instructor agree upon a schedule, register online and submit payment.
- An electronic calendar invitation with your lesson location and check in procedures and/or Zoom login information will be emailed once your online registration is complete.
We offer private lessons in the instruments listed below. Click the link for each instrument to submit an inquiry form and begin the registration process.
*Private voice lessons are offered for students age 13 and older – see our Voice Lesson Policy.
If the inquiry form links above do not work, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your name and a daytime phone number
- Student’s name, current grade (or adult), and school (if applicable)
- Instrument(s) student would like to study
- Relevant scheduling information, such as preferred day(s) and time(s) of day for lessons, and/or dates student is not available.
We will reply with contact information for an appropriate instructor or instructors.
Families who participate in the Arts Adjunct Program during the Spring 2022 semester, 2022 Summer Session, or Fall 2022 Semester are eligible to register for Creative Summer 2023 during the first Priority Registration Period.
For general questions about the Arts Program, please email email@example.com or call 301-365-6098.
Our talented and experienced faculty have degrees from major music, theater, and art schools as well as universities throughout the world.
|Bernardo De Leon
Guitar, Bass, Ukulele
|Chang Eun Lee
|Kate Magill Robinson
The Arts Adjunct Program offers classes in performing arts, such as choral music, acting, dance, and musical theater. Fall 2022 offerings include:
Musical Theatre Workshop for Grades 3 and 4
with Marissa Singer
Holton-Arms students only
Musical theater programs inspire those involved to grow as both artists and creators. This class will serve as the perfect introduction into the world of dramatic arts, as students gain experience with the different elements of musical theater, including singing, acting, and dancing. At the end of the semester, a musical production will be performed for a small audience, where parents will have the ability to watch what the students have learned and rehearsed.
Musical Theater Workshop classes meet Wednesdays from 3:45 to 5 p.m. in Holton’s Black Box Theater on September 21, 28; October 12, 19, 26; November 2, 9, 16, 30; December 7, 14; and December 15 (INformance with ACTivate Class)
Register by Sunday, September 18, and get ready to break into Broadway!
ACTivate Drama Workshop: Storytelling for Grades 5 and 6
with Kate Magill Robinson
Holton-Arms students only
Storytelling, in varying forms, has existed since the dawn of time and while the stories have changed, the ingredients which make up good stories have remained constant. This class will explore storytelling through improvisation as well as scripted scenes/monologues. There will be an INformance during the final class period where parents can view a sampling of the things worked on throughout the semester.
ACTivate Drama classes meet Thursdays from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. in Holton’s Black Box Theater on September 22, 29; October 6, 13, 20, 27; November 3, 17; December 1, 8; December 15 (INformance).
Register by Sunday, September 18, and get ready to ACT up!